Hello, all! I’m not known for being prolific, but I am trying to fix that. I wanted to give a brief update on stuff I’m working on and what will becoming out in the nearish future. Below is a list in order of priority.
1. Mini-review Mondays. It’s my new weekly series. Haven’t post every Monday since I introduced it, but I want to. So, it takes priority over everything else.
2. Writing more regular length reviews. I haven’t done much of these lately, but I will be getting back to doing longer reviews when I have more time.
3. Reviews for almost all the 2015 Best Picture nominees. I’ve seen all the nominees this year except for Boyhood and American Sniper. American Sniper I probably won’t see and Boyhood I should be getting through my local library soon. Before the ceremony on Feb. 22, I will be providing reviews for all the BP nominees except for Boyhood, Birdman, and American Sniper. I won’t be posting about the first two because they are the frontrunners to win and if I post about them now and one of them wins, then I won’t have anything to talk about when I get to the 2015 winner in my And the Oscar Goes to series. If either Boyhood or Birdman wins I will post of a review of the one that did not win after the ceremony. American Sniper is unlikely to see a review at all because, again, I probably won’t be seeing it.
4. My video review for Cavalcade (1933). I wrote the original review for this in 2012 and it is the last of my backlog reviews for my And the Oscar Goes to series. I haven’t posted a video review for a while (the last being my review of Grand Hotel, 1932, that I posted at the beginning of October, which can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wQ9UfGSwyI&feature=gp-n-o&google_comment_id=z120xrlomoanxr4we04cilr4pyznufoxmag). I am working on the Cavalcade video and it should be done soon. I just need to carve out a little time to finish it.
5. Speaking of And the Oscar Goes to, I have seen Casablanca (1942). I haven’t finished writing the review for it but I will be working on the video for that as soon as the Cavalcade one is finished.
6. A new, special, super-de-duper exciting project. I don’t want to disclose too much about this one yet, but I currently working on a new video series (because I have so much extra time left over from doing the other one 😛 ). I’m really excited about it, and I can’t wait to share it with you all. The sad thing is each entry in the series will be quite long and will take even more time than And the Oscar Goes to. But as soon as the Casablanca video is done, I will begin editing and such for this new series.
7. 100 Years of Chaplin. Yeah, I kind of missed the boat on this one. I post a few reviews early last year on some of Charlie Chaplin’s early short films. It was the start of a month long (turned year long) celebration of his movies that was coinciding with the 100th anniversary of his first film. For personal reasons at the time, I had to put the series on hold. I will be continuing it this year. I just don’t know when I’ll be getting to it, unfortunately.
8. Finally, there’s Travels Through the Time Vortex. My VERY sporadic Doctor Who series celebrating the class series. I’ve neglected this series much more than I would like, and I do promise to get back to it. Sadly, it is at the bottom of the totem pole. It’s time (pun not intended) will come, though.
That’s where I am at the moment. Thank you to everyone for being patient and am looking forward to sharing more with you soon!